Friday, February 10, 2012

To start the ball rolling...

Some people have new years resolutions...I have new projects:)  Once I get something in my head I have to move forward with it...or I start to lose sleep.  Seriously, I already have a sleeping problem and I would rather not add to the situation:)  Well, this project took all four of us helping out.  From picking out the wood to sewing the fabric...we were all together.  And that is the best kind of project.  It is not a big change but it sure made a difference in our room.  Fun for the moment:)  Wonder where the next whim will lead us....
 We still have about 100 nailheads to tack down...but other than that the headboard is almost done (I just re-covered one that I made a few years ago).  The wall pictures are the other project.  That was a fun one.  Easy too...just some boards, some stain and some paint. 
Here is the wall art project.  We took three 1x4's (26 inches long) and two 1x6's (26 inches long), stained them a walnut color and then attached two 1x2's down the length of the piece in the back to hold it all together.  Then I painted my favorite word in the corner.  Simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment