Friday, August 31, 2012

Not Bored with this Headboard;)

Okay...dumb title:)  haha:)  I had just grown tired of our upholstered headboard and needed a change.  I knew that I could re-cover the upholstered one to work in Bay's room (I will post pics later) so it was a win win:)  I wanted to mute the colors in our room...giving it a more serene look.  We are on our way.  Lots more projects in there but this is a good first step:)  I will post the final pics of it in the room soon:)  But here is the progress we are making....
 Laying out the pattern that I wanted.
.
 My handsome hubby hard at work:)
 Distressed the boards with the kids help...this was fun and makes the piece even more special:)  We even used my Grandpa's old tools:)  Then we stained the whole thing with driftwood stain (LOVE the color) and nailed 1x2's to the back for support and to act as the legs of the piece. 

 My romantic husband made the piece perfect by etching in our initials:)  Fitting don't you think?  This is my absolute favorite part of the whole project!  It makes such a difference in our room...and now I am excited to complete the rest!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! What a GREAT project done TOGETHER!!

    ReplyDelete